Social and Personal Capability is an integral part of the Australian Curriculum. These video lessons are a simple way for teachers like you to augment your school’s social emotional program. Each module includes:
- 1. a teacher video (3-5 min) accompanied by a pdf download with a list of questions to assist in class discussion
- 2. a student lesson video introducing each new concept. (10 – 12)
- 3. a practice video with a guided meditation (3 – 5)
- 4. pdf student worksheet and/or a “take home” exercise for students to respond to in their mindfulness journal.
- 5. a video on neuroscience of mindfulness with specific exercises to regulate the sympathetic nervous system and stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- 6. a video lesson on creativity and mindfulness (songwriting, drawing, writing, photography, storytelling)
By the end of the course you will have gained enough understanding and have been equipped with sufficient tools to allow for a continued mindfulness practice in your class.